Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Welcome to my blog!

Greetings!

For those who have arrived here and do not know me, my name is Mark Douglas, and I am a student at the Art Institute of Vancouver's Dubrulle Culinary Arts program. A part of our homework for our kitchen classes is to keep a culinary journal of the work we do on a week to week basis. As we're allowed to type out our journals and hand them in that way, I figured I would take it a step further - type out my journal and post it online for my friends and family to see what I'm up to, as well as hand the same journal in to my instructor.

This is just a quick introductory post to get the blog going, I'll be posting my journal for my first weeks class in the next couple of days - it is due next Tuesday as we have a long weekend, but that would normally be Monday.

A few notes about what you'll see - I'll be breaking down the journal entries into a few categories:

1) Objective - the objective (duh) of classes for the week
2) Sanitation and Safety - any specific sanitation and safety rules to follow during the week
3) Information - Theory and general information about our tasks
4) Practical - Execution of the tasks
5) Personal / Chef's observations - Personal observations regarding the classes, and chef's critique of our work.

On occasions where our results warrant so, I may also take pictures and include recipes.

Lastly, information about the school can be found here:

http://www.artinstitutes.edu/vancouver/culinary/

By the way, I'm not anywhere near being an actual chef yet, but that's the end goal, hence the title of the blog. For the purists out there, please don't come down on me too hard about this :P

Thanks for checking in,

Mark

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Mark this is a great idea! Yay Stocks!!!

Goofball said...

oh my gosh you have a blog!

ok it's waaaay past my bedtime to start reading now, but I'll be back!

coool.

always welcome at mine as well ;)